Seriously, it's a skill. This year, I'm not sure I've made a single correct prediction. In fact, it seems that every time I boldly state something, the Wings go out and make an idiot out of me. I said Bertuzzi was a waste - dude started scoring. I said Howard would never be an NHL goaltender - the kid is currently one of the best in the league. I declared the year of Larry Aurie's curse to be over - Homer goes down pretty much the next day.
The other day, I took some shots at Pasha. I aimed my wrong-cannon right at #13 and fired without discretion. Hell, I went so far as to compare the kid to Mitch Albom. It was tough. It wasn't easy for me to do. Some even mistook my aggression as some sort of hatred for Dr. Dangle. Let me assure you, I've got nothing but love for the guy. In fact, my frustration stemmed from the fact that he was not living up to my astronomically high expectations. I figured that perhaps a bit of berating might do him some good - motivate him a bit.
Well now I'm stuck.
See, I'm not a big fan of heaving stones at Red Wings not named Lebda. And after a great game against the Sharks, I think Pavs may have just earned himself a bit of amnesty.
On the other hand...
In the extremely likely scenario that Pavel reads The Winged Wheel before every single game by having google translate it into that communist gobbedly-gook the Russians call a language, perhaps my public berating of the young man worked. I can envision him driving the net yelling "THIS IS FOR MY MOTHER'S BORSCHT!!" right before he lit the lamp. Maybe every time he took the puck away from an opponent he was muttering "Mitch Albom my ass..." under his breath. Perhaps every time he passed the puck he was thinking "Dr. Rahmani is one of the most respected ophthalmologists in the industry... that guy's full of shit."
So what do I do now? Do I dare call off the barrage and risk Pasha slumping back into being less than the amazing superstar we all know he is? Or do I keep firing at will and risk sending him into a deep, dark depression that would surely swallow even the strongest of men? What to do, what to do...
I suppose I'll try out a compromise. From here out, I'll try to attack one players on the team the Wings face off against on game-day. This way, any damage to said player's eternal soul will not fall on a Wing, and Pasha will keep scoring because he'll know... as soon as he stops that wrath will be turned again to him.
And lets face it... I'm not sure he can handle it. I mean, who could?
- ► 2011 (32)
- The Wrong Cannon Keeps Blasting Away
- I've Looked Stupid Enough - help me out here Oz
- Larry Aurie loosens his relentless icy death grip ...
- FUCK FUCK FUCK
- A Race to NOT make the Playoffs.
- In Defense of the Wizzard: From "Pride of the Emer...
- Nice 15 Minutes!!!
- A Little Perspective; 2 points is just not that im...
- Wings X - Islanders >X; Mid-Game, Post-Game recap....
- Cruel and Unusual Punishment: The Kansas City Isla...
- I'm Awesome at Being Wrong
- Rubber, meet Twine. Note to Pavel... Wake up.
- Breaking News: Crow Tastes SO DAMN GOOD!
- Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa. Larry Auri...
- Great Reasons to Hate the Ducks, as if You Needed ...
- Back from NOLA, the year of Aurie is over... hopef...
- ▼ January (16)